Sunday, March 6, 2011

Being Productive on a Rainy Day

Good evening!
I feel the Sunday night blues creepin in, but I must look at the positives, only 5 days until spring break! I'm not going anywhere special this year, cannot really afford it, but I am still looking forward to spending some quality time with ma back at home.

Despite it being a very raining day here, I managed to get a whole lot done!
I began with trying BIKRAM YOGA for the first time,  Lots o' sweatin. Holy HOT! I know there are a number of people out there that have tried this style, or go to it on a regular basis, so I wanted to give it a try also. Not going to lie, it was the longest hour and a half of my life, but I certainly did feel fantastic after! I am one of the most inflexible people you will meet (need to work on this!) so some of the poses were quite challenging, and the instructor kept coming over to help me, woops! My best friend from school joined me on this adventure, and we were glad we did it, but probably won't be returning for some time.

I went grocery shopping after (in my oh-so-sexy/sweaty attire) and picked up some apples, carrots, pretzels, dried fruit, canned soup and Cinnamon Toast Crunch <--favorite cereal ever, and a few packs of gum. I like to keep a few healthy snacks in my room. It really helps to avoid wandering down to the vending machine and purchasing something unhealthy, and I like snacking when I study!

Other oh so fun activities included writing two papers, and completing other various assignments.

Tomorrow morning I will be attending an awesome Cardio Kick class at the campus rec center at 7am and then track practice at 2:30. I have a busy week ahead of me, so bed early tonight!

Question, has anyone tried Bikram Yoga? How did you like it? Have you continued with it?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tessa. :)
    Yes, I have tried Bikram, and although I love a warm studio, Bikram is a little too hot for me. Also, I prefer more flow, but I know some people who swear by Bikram. I don't dislike it - just not my favorite.

    Cinnamon Toast Crunch used to be one of my favorite cereals growing up - that and Honey Bunches of Oats. I used to love mixing them together. Cinnamon Life was another good one for mixing...and now I want cereal.

    Thanks so much for your sweet email. Looks like you're off to a great start with your blog! Enjoy the rest of your week, and I hope you got in some good sleep last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, how could I forget Honey Bunches of Oats?! I would sift through a new box grabbing out all of the bunches :)

    Thank you for responding, it means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lovee your blog! I have been on the hunt for a good health blog. Following now :)
    Check out mine at www.bluerose5989.blogspot.com
    xx Brooke

    ReplyDelete